Monday, April 28, 2014

Remaining Matters


Note: This is my melting snowball assignment.  Poets are create a poem in which each single word line in which each word has one letter less than the preceding one, and the last word only one letter. From the newspaper, select a starting word, and then continue adding words of decreasing length from the same source article or passage. Combining the struggle for justice with my love of poetry is my favorite thing in the world.  I got to do that today. I loved this article and turning  it into a found poem was thrilling.   Stories like Gladys McCauley's are one reason I oppose physician prescribed death (thinks Ari Ne'eman for the term).  No need to hurry the Grim Reaper when you have APPROPRIATE supports and, as the article points out, such supports are cheaper than nursing facilities. 

Source
Cahill, Patricia. "Hospice is about quality of life" Springfield Republican [Springfield] April  28, 2014: A-1 and A-2. E-Edition.

Massachu­setts
investigation
concentrates
end-of-life
continued
fortified
epiphany
quality
access
wanna
feel
you
do
I

No comments:

Post a Comment