Thursday, November 6, 2014

Spree


I’ve never been a material girl.

I don’t obsess over shoes.
            In fact, taking the palsy girl shoe shopping
is task my seasoned assistants dump on my newest hire.

I haven’t worn a dress in three years,
although I own a few.

Even my inner bibliophile
            is mostly nourished during trips to the library.

Expenditure is reserved for things
like revolution, charity, and art.

And the push to elevate work desk
            that I adore from my advocacy-based day job
            which is reduced in price from three digits
too a much more manageable 2
in honor of the holiday meant to honor
those who sacrificed limbs, spines, lives
to keep us a certain sort of safe
in this place we call America.

                           



No comments:

Post a Comment