Saturday, November 19, 2011

Nov.18th Poem

Note: Scott Lively is an American author, attorney and ex-gay activist. Lively is the president of Abiding Truth Ministries, a conservative Christian organization located in Springfield, MA.[1] Abiding Truth Ministries is classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Some white, male counter protester
when I gone to join friends opposing bigotry,
homophobia, and other bad things,
dared ask, “What are you doing here with these people?”

As if someone in a wheelchair
couldn’t possibly think for herself,
have opinions,
have sex
possibly- oh, my gosh-with someone who also had a vagina or
double oh, my gosh- was also in a wheelchair
or- triple oh, my gosh- both.

What I should’ve said is,
”Because Mr. Lively is misrepresenting Jesus,
and I object.”, “Because these are my people,
not these people.”, or simply, “Fuck you!”

What I did instead,
was say, “I bisexual.”
and watch him take
three steps back.”

It was most satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment